In a post a few days ago I mentioned that I was enjoying blogging again and I was back to take my blog to a whole new level.. Remember that?
Well I meant it, in that little bit of time off that I took I realised just how much blogging means to me and how lost I’d be without it so I thought I’d share with you all a little list of why I love blogging so much and I thought I’d also add in a few tips for people who are just starting out with blogs since that’s something I get asked for a lot.
So the main reason I love blogging is because I love to write, I love sitting down with a blank page in front of me and just filling it with words. I find it very therapeutic and just a generally fun thing to do!
The second biggest reason I love blogging is because I love to share my poetry and my experiences with you all, I love the feedback I get from you all, even the hate, but that feeling of knowing that so many of you are reading and enjoying what I write is both amazing and incredibly surreal for me! You all feel like a massive extended family now, I mean I get at least 200 emails a day asking how my grandparents are and just checking in to see how I am, it’s amazing it really is and it’s beyond anything I could have ever imagined 6 years ago when I first started blogging. It’s just amazing.
The third reason I love blogging so much is because of the opportunities it’s given me! Thanks to my blog I’ve been given free tickets to go and review the Rod Stewart gig in Liverpool next week and that’s just the icing on the cake of a year that’s been full of endless opportunities thanks to my blog! I’m well aware that none of the opportunities I’ve been given would be remotely possible if it wasn’t for all of your amazing love and support over the last 6 years!
They’re my three main reasons, I could carry on with more but I don’t really want this to turn into a massively soppy lovefest!
So here’s a few things new bloggers should know based on everything I’ve learnt over the last 6 years!
1) Stick at it! Don’t be disheartened by the lack of readers! As long as you enjoy it that’s all that matters!
2) Use WordPress not Blogger. Honestly I hosted on Blogger for over 5 years and towards the end I had continual problems, moving to WordPress was the best thing I ever did even if it did mean almost starting all over again!
3) Stay true to yourself, as long as you’re blogging about the things that YOU want to blog about that’s all that matters.
4) When you need to blog you need to blog! Sometimes I get the need to blog and I just have to start writing there and then, it’s kinda like going to loo but loads better.. Well I hope my posts are loads better than going the loo?
5) No matter what you blog about you’ll always find somebody with the same or similar interests. Blogging made me feel normal thorough the darkest part of my life because I knew thanks the the people I connected with that I wasn’t alone.
6) Twitter is your blogs best friend. Honestly I don’t think my blog would have done half as well if it wasn’t for twitter making it so easy to communicate with the world! Incidentally my twitter is @MissCharlotteEm.
7) You’ll never please everyone, you’ll always get some criticism no matter what you write about..
8) Blogging will completely mess your sleeping pattern up because the best post ideas come in the early hours of the morning!
9) No matter how many times you explain what a blog is to the older members of your family they won’t understand.
10) If you need it, your blog can provide you that one safe place for you to be completely yourself and relax, it’s a great place to vent feelings, share experiences and get advice, I quickly learnt that having a blog means you never have to feel alone again.
These are just a few things! I fully intend to keep adding to this list! If you have anything to add comment down below or tweet me @MissCharlotteEm or comment on my NEW FACEBOOK PAGE facebook.com/AndThenCharlotteSaid!
I love reading people’s blogs so also feel free to link me to your blog so I can check it out! XO
© Charlotte Emily Murray and Charlotte-Emily.net, 2013. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Charlotte Emily Murray and Charlotte-Emily.net with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.