Originally Published 25th July 2015.
In this post I’m going to be continuing with my countdown to ABGT150 by taking a look at my favourite songs from ABGT140!
I can’t believe how close ABGT150 is now! I’m going to be making an announcement within the next few weeks about the listening party that I’m going to be having that you’ll all be invited too! Stay tuned for that!
If you don’t know who Above & Beyond are or what ABGT is then let me quickly explain, Above & Beyond are an incredible progressive trance DJ trio consisting of Jono Grant, Tony McGuiness & Paavo Siljamäki! They’re the people behind two of my favourite record labels Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep and ABGT is their weekly podcast / internet radio show and it stands for Above & Beyond Group Therapy!
Above & Beyond recently started uploading their podcasts to YouTube so I’ll put the video for ABGT140 here so that you can listen along as you read the list of my favourite tracks, once you’ve finished reading don’t forget to head over to the Above & Beyond YouTube page and give the video a thumbs up! 🙂
Let’s take a look at my favourite songs from this amazing episode!
- BT + Super8 & Tab – Aika [Capa Remix] – Yes I know, big surprise that this song is in my lists again… it’s just too good not to be here! Literally, as soon as the podcast started and I heard this song I was like YESSSSSSS!
- Wrechiski – Signus – I honestly wish I’d been filming myself when this song came on, it was the 2nd song straight after Aika and I’m not sorry to admit that a one woman dance party broke out in my office.
- Eric Prydz – Opus – This song is weird but I really like it, when I first heard the intro I was like what is this song? It sounds a bit like an annoying game soundtrack, but then you get into the songs and oh god it’s just so good!
- Dusky – Parakeet Feet – I had to put this song in my list again because I’m still finding the fact this song is called Parakeet Feet hilarious. It’s a brilliant song but it’s the name that got it here haha…
- Lancelot – Mover – I just love the vibe of this song, it’s so chilled but it’s not chilled and I love all of the African? / Tribal sounds it has and yeah it’s just such a brilliant track!
- Above & Beyond feat Gemma Hayes [Above & Beyond Club Mix] – This was the record of the week track and the person who selected it said that they couldn’t get enough of Gemma Hayes vocals and I completely agree! Her vocals give me chills!
There you go! My 6 favourite tracks from ABGT140! I have two more tracks that I want to talk about though…
The first is Jack U feat Justin Bieber ‘Where Are U Now’ which was track 6 in this episode. I get that it’s cool to hate Justin Bieber and that’s not why I’m here this is a genuinely awful track and I don’t get why it’s getting so much airtime and also why everyone [except Deadmau5] loves it so much? Seriously can someone explain that to me?
The second track I just wanted to mention is Aresz & Omaio – Tucana [Carlin & Fil remix] which is track 7 in this episode… am I the only one that thinks this song sounds a lot like Boom Jinx & Andrew Bayer – To The Six in parts? What do you think? That was honestly all I could think whilst listening to this song! It’s a great track but yeah it reminds me of To The Six…
What were your favourite tracks from this episode? Let me know in the comments below, on Twitter @MissCharlotteEm or on any of my social media sites which you can find by clicking here!
If you’re not already and you’d like to subscribe to Above & Beyond’s podcast on iTunes so you never miss another episode you can do so by clicking here!
If you don’t have an iTunes account then you can also subscribe to Above & Beyond’s YouTube channel here to keep up to date with all of the latest podcasts!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post, don’t forget to head on over to my giveaway post and enter to be in with a chance of winning 6 months of Spotify Premium and a whole load of other goodies too! Click here for more information!
If you enjoyed this post then please feel free to share it with your friends and family, and if you’d like to you can also follow my blog by clicking the follow button to the right hand side of your screen or underneath this post depending on what you’re reading this on!
Have a great day / night and thanks again for reading!