Bit of a word vomit type post today because I had a few things that I wanted to talk about so I figured I’d just have a book related ramble!
First thing I wanted to talk about is All I Know Now the debut novel by the lovely Carrie Hope Fletcher! 🙂
If you don’t know who Carrie is she’s an actress currently playing Eponine in Les Mis on the West End she is also a YouTube star and also the sister of Tom from McFly / McBusted. I think Carrie is ace, she comes across as being so down to earth and just like a really lovely girl!
I’m really proud of Carrie for releasing her debut novel. I know that it’s getting a bit dull all of these YouTube stars releasing books now especially when you can’t help but question whether or not some of them have ever actually read a book. (Take out menus don’t count guys…)
But Carrie LOVES books! That’s actually why I started watching her YouTube channel because I finally found somebody who loves reading as much as I do and that’s actually amazing to see!
I’ve only just started reading Carrie’s book but as soon as I’m finished I’ll write a review for you all to read!
That brings me on to the second thing I wanted to talk about today, the books I’m currently reading!
I’ve been asked a lot lately “what are you reading right now?!” so I thought I’d just make a quick list of all of the books I’m currently reading.
I say ALL because I have trouble reading one book at a time, I just can’t help myself I see a book I want to read and so I start it and then before you know it I’m reading 6 books and it’s a bit ridiculous…
Anyway the books that I’m currently reading are:
- All I Know Now – Carrie Hope Fletcher.
- A Nice Cuppa Tea – Roz Tranfield. I did a blog post on this book last week, click here to read that!
- The Silmarillion – J R R Tolkien, this book is sort of like Mythology for Hobbits, It’s the first age of the world in which Middle Earth exists. I’ll write a proper review when I’ve finished it.
- The Kingkiller Chronicle Book 2 The Wise Man’s Fear – Patrick Rothfuss. This is going to sound absurd but I keep falling out with this book, the main character keeps making decisions that I don’t agree with and I actually sulk with the book at times haha that’s why it’s taking me so long to finish it. Again I’ll write a proper review when I’ve finished it.
- To Kill A Mockingbird – Harper Lee. I’ve read TKAM before but I felt the need to read it again prior to Go Set A Watchman’s release later on this year. I’m so excited for the new book, I never thought we’d be so lucky as to get another Harper Lee book! – I’ll do a TKAM review if you’d like one.
- Roll Me Up And Smoke Me When I Die: Musings From The Road – Willie Nelson. I don’t know how to describe this book, it’s a beautiful work of art that everybody needs to read. – I’ll do a full review when I’ve finished.
So there you have it those are all of the books that I’m currently reading! I’m almost certain that I had more than this to talk about when I sat down to write this post but I appear to have forgotten whatever it was so I’ll end this post here!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post I really appreciate it! 🙂 I’d love to hear what books you’re currently reading so please tell me in the comments, on twitter @MissCharlotteEm or on any of my other social media sites which you can find by clicking here! 🙂